Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Slick as Snot!

Well, I had my route well planned. Go across the garden, then on to the lawn and down to where the newspaper is! No pavement to cross! This is because we have had a spit of rain that fell down on cold pavement, and everything is slick as snot outside, covered with a thin coating of ice!

Even with the well-planned route, I still got in trouble. I forgot that the garden stones separating the garden from the lawn should be considered pavement, and they were ice covered. So, as soon as I stepped on one of them, down I went! Luckily, my fall was broken by some forgiving evergreens, and nothing was hurt but my pride!

So watch out when you hear about ice! It is very deceptive, and can be dangerous! Now I'll spend the rest of the day picking evergreen needles out of my pants!

2 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

Do I need to watch both you and Nikki? She took a dive the other day and didn't benefit from shrubbery breaking her fall.

NV said...

Yeah! And there wasn't even any ice to blame it on. :-)

Glad you're OK. Your story is exactly why, as soon as I was safely onboard the bus after a treachorous walk, I called the mother and told her: DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING OUTSIDE 'TIL NOON!