Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Teachers

My small department of 2 teachers has increased by 150%. We have 3 new teachers working with us this semester. It has been a lot of fun to get to know them, and to answer their questions as they prepare for their new jobs.

Today, I co-taught a huge class of 28 ESL students with a lady who agreed to become a member of our staff just Saturday! What a brave person she is! We managed to get through our first day together, and are making plans as we continue to work on how to present our class material for future classes.

Our classes aren't exactly easy to catagorize, because they have a lot of unusual structure to them. So, hooray for my new teachers, and thanks so much for the support of my colleague who has been with me since 2005!

Together, we'll get through this challenging semester, and hopefully have a great time doing it. As a former colleague of mine once said, "We're in for the ride of our lives!"

No comments: