Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Doe a dear, a female deer....


The seven vonTrapp Family Singers children's outfits

Little Girls' outfits

Little Boys' outfits

I've been working on this project for the Sound of Music for a while now. I finished the skirts and pants before Christmas, but never could find the time to get the tops done. Last Friday and Saturday, I worked on making the basics of the tops, completing them until all they needed were the hems, the cuffs and the ties. Today I worked at least 8 hours to do the finishing on the set of outfits.

One top didn't fit right, and this was for the oldest girl. Since she is the most important person in the ensemble of 7, I remade her top, hoping it will fit better. One boy's shorts were too short, so I made another pair of them. Now they are all finished except for sewing a snap on each one to close the neck dickey.

I think they look darling on hangers, so I know they will look even cuter on the kids.

What do you think?

3 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

I guess it is a really good thing that you have a really long couch to display your wares! Didn't you make me an outfit kind of like that when I was about 4 or 5?

sewwhat? said...

MonkeyGirl--maybe I did! I think I made matching outfits for you and your brother, red white and blue, you could wave your flags together in them. I'm remembering a lot about what I did in the past and recreating it for my costumes! After all, that was "history"--dig, dig! I know, I'll pay for that crack!

Ty'sMommy said...

Those are terrific! Very nicely done.