Sunday, January 11, 2009

Edelweiss, Edelweiss.....


I'm thinking they are darling!

You remember in "The Sound of Music" Maria dresses the 7 vonTrapp children in fabric she steals from the curtains in the room. Well, this is the curtain fabric we found to do this job. The fabric itself is quite lovely, and it sure made into a cute outfit.

It was a little bland without some contrast. So I found some cream colored upholstery fabric stashed in my extensive multi-closet fabric stash that I made the weskits out of. These are for the little girls, who are flighty and can't focus, so the tops are velcroed closed in the back and the weskits are part of the whole top assembly. I think this will work best for them, because they have some quick costume changes in and out of this scene.

Today, in between 2 visits to other sets of my two other plays, I need to try to finish the big girls tops. I can make the suspenders during the week, and do the alterations to the wedding garments when I can snatch a minute. But right now, 6:59 a.m., I need to get going on sewing, I have 1 hour till I need to get ready for church to sew. Hope I can get a lot done in an hour!

No comments: