Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Skaterboy's First Day of college

My step-grandson started college today. Hooray for you, Skaterboy! What was very wonderful was that his first class was in the same building at the same time as my first class. He was looking for his class to start, and when no teacher showed up, he at least had someone to come to ask what was going on, ME!

Turns out, we were several of many who forgot today was Tuesday, not Monday. So, his class in my building is on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, not Tuesday and Thursday. We got him re-oriented and on his way to the other end of campus, perhaps a few minutes late, but you can expect that on the first day of school.

I'm glad I got that little wake-up to the fact that people might get confused by the day, because two more students came to my classroom expecting to see other classes in there. They too had gotten the day confused. Their class meets in this room on M, W, and F. Thank heaven, because I don't want to give up my wonderful spacious classroom because of a time conflict.

We teachers can get very territorial with our spaces!

No comments: