Saturday, October 3, 2009

P is for Pirate

Pirates peeking out of the "attic windows" design of the quilt
Lots of pirates to spark the imagination

I've been working on this quilt this week, and finally finished it this morning. This is a pirate theme quilt, which is using the patch pattern of "attic windows". I used log cabin patches around each pirate picture, because they needed to be made bigger to look out each window. The border is a coordinate border print, and the backing is an all-over pirate pattern in beige, with lots of pirate ships on it.

This will be fore some little boy grandchild, I'm not sure which one right now. I am starting on a star block quilt for the little girl grandchild, I attempted to figure out how to make the star blocks today, and failed miserably. I'll try again another day!

I love doing these patches and blocks, and hope the kids enjoy them when they get them. I've got big plans for more quilts, hope my enthusiasm holds out until they are finished.

No comments: