Thursday, September 10, 2009

Clean machines

After the workout I've given my sewing machines, I felt I owed them a spa treatment to get them back into tip-top shape. Spa treatments for sewing machines means you get Mike to clean out your trapped lint, and oil your many working parts, and tweak you till you run flawlessly.

I took the machines to the shop on Tuesday evening, about 4:45. The place closes at 5. Their usual turn around is one week, and I figured I could live without them for a week.

What a surprise I got when I got home the next day, at 10 a.m. the next morning, they had called me and said, "Your machines are ready to be picked up." What? The store was only open 10 minutes and they are ready? I must have heard that message wrong!

So I called to check out what was the real story. It turns out that Mike is not only an excellent sewing machine mechanic, he is also an early bird! He starts work at 4:00 a.m. So at least I know he spent a little more than 10 minutes working on my machines!

Now, I hope they are happy little machines for a while, and don't give me any trouble when I sew for the remaining costume gigs I have this year. It's the least they can do for me for giving them this super treatment! Their spa treatment costs more than a human spa does, hope it relaxes them and they work great now!

No comments: