Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Joys of Lolly-gagging

When the adrenaline is flowing, when the amount of sleep you get is counted in minutes, not hours, when the project gets overwhelming enough that every waking moment is consumed working on it, you long for the day when you can lolly-gag around!

Monday was the day!

After finishing up with a whirlwind week of costume tweaking, tech week activities, opening night, and the last week of teaching my summer class, lolly-gagging was the carrot on the stick for me! A day where naps and having nothing to do was the prize!

Monday was the day!

Oh, it didn't start out that way. This was because I put off the inevitable task of finishing my grades for my class until Sunday evening, and it stretched into Monday morning at 1:30 a.m. before that job was finished. Everything had to be in place for Monday morning's conferences with students to give them their graded papers and future class assignments. But when that was finished....

Monday was the day!

One afternoon nap slid into another, and another until hunger drove me from under the covers for a nice dinner at Applebees. Then I came home and did one small task for the upcoming second week of the show, washed a pile of stinky tie dyed t-shirts. Then it was PJ time again, so nitey-night I went.

The aftermath of that sleep-a-thon is that I'm up at 3:30 Tuesday morning with adrenaline once again flowing, unable to relax and languish and lolly-gag under the covers. Oh well, I'll adjust soon, and enjoy the days of leisure once again.

At least for another day or two!

No comments: