Sunday, November 22, 2009

He.e.e.e.l.l.l.l.o.o.o.! Is Any one out there?

Sometimes a bloger's life is lonely. Am I writing and spinning my words into cyberspace for just myself to read? Is there anyone interested in reading what I spit out?

A blogger can be considered the ultimate self-centered creature. That's what I thought when I first heard about blogging. Why would anyone want to read what I write? But then my daughter got me started on it, urged on by her BFF, who is an excellent blogger. For me, it is a way to hone my writing skills (I teach writing at a community college.) Sometimes, I catch myself making the same grammatical mistakes I just cautioned my students not to make, like writing run-on sentences, etc. etc. etc.

I've read some very interesting blogs, written by people with a special love for special topics. My blog focuses mostly on sewing, quilting and costuming.

But, is anyone out there? I never know, because only a few people comment on my blog. Come on folks, you don't have to be a registered blogger to comment!

I found out that my cousin who lives in San Francisco reads my blog. It is her way of keeping up with this branch of the family! And the other night, while waiting for "Doubt" to begin, one of the actors said, "I read a blog today written by someone who must have seen the first night of Doubt, she liked the show and gave me a good review." I told her, "I have a blogspot". Then we found out that she found my blog through Google, and had read my review of the opening of her show (read "Another Opening, Another Show" where she read the review.)

So I guess there really are people out there who read my blog. Since it is my photojournal of things I work on for different shows, it is a way for me to send lots of friends pictures, since they live far away and can't get here to see the shows.

But make a comment once in a while, OK? Do it as an annonymous person, I don't care! Just let me know you are out there!

6 comments:

NV said...

Out here ... and a little red-faced from a description I think is meant for me, one I can only hope to live up to. :-)
We need to get you in Best Posts of the Week. You'll get visited by lots of fun bloggers and grow your own reading list!

sewwhat? said...

That would be interesting! How do you do that?

SueDub said...

I read your blog Jeani! I usually have to play catch up and read several days at a time but I do!

SueDub said...

This is Sue by the way, Westercamp....you know.

sewwhat? said...

I know you do, Sue, just don't know when! Thanks for replying! Happy Thanksgiving!

Ty'sMommy said...

I'm here, too! And I know, I am such a comment-slacker! But really, I do read, I just don't have the time to comment as much as I used to. :( Keep it going - I'll try to be better,I promise!