Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A special Valentine gift

My oldest daughter is a crafter, but her specialty is paper crafting. She has all the fun tools to make awesome scrapbook pages, decorations, invitations and cards. She found this idea on a craft site, and decided to make one for me for Valentine's Day.



This is extra special, not only because she made it for me, but that she used my mother's wooden spools that I still had in my thread collection for the materials for the heart. She left Mom's threads on the spools for extra color, and cut new tops for the spools using her awesome Cricut machine! She even "fussy cut" some of the labels to include flowers and other motifs. She left one very special spool bare, because it has the name of the company actually branded into the wood--I'm sure others have these "Belding Corticelli" thread spools in their collection.

She used quilt pattern fabric for mine, She made another one for her sister, using balking motif paper, a talent her sister excells in.

So sweet, I wasn't expecting this, so it made my Valentine's Day extra special, plus we three girls had a nice visit tonight, so that was great also.

1 comment:

MonkeyGirl said...

WooHoo! I made the blog :-) It was a cute idea and when I realized I had the materials to make it extra-special I knew I had to try it. I'm so glad that you love it!! Love ya Mamma!!