Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Where is Sewwhat?

So far, none of my posts have had anything to do with sewing. You see, I am a costumer for a couple of local theatre groups. I just got finished with costuming a big musical. Once you are finished doing that, sewing morning, noon and night for about 6 weeks without a break, you don't want to see the sewing machine for a while.

So my posts lately have revolved around the things I haven't been able to do this summer because of sewing.

I love to sew, and I love to costume, but every once in a while, a person needs a break. I have several quilt projects lined up to be worked on, once I get back to the sewing room. Hopefully I can get them finished before the next costuming gig comes along. I think that will happen sooner rather than later, so SEWWHAT? will be back at work giving her sewing machines all the attention they deserve. I have 5 machines to work with, and one in the closet, just in case I need another!

5 comments:

Ty'sMommy said...

I know exactly how you feel, MonkeyMama! I worked as a seasmtress in the costume shop ata major university for awhile and it does take something out of you!
I'm a quilter, too - what kinds of projects are you planning for the cold weather season? I'd love to see a blog about that. Personally, I have a nice log cabin ready to start, and a paper piced leaf quilt I need to get to.

sewwhat? said...

Ty's mommy, I'm lining up the fabrics to make a bedspread for two grandkids. One is a Cars theme and the other is Princess. I've found some big panels for the center of the bedspread, plus I'll use sashing and patches of coordinating fabrics to build it to the correct size. I'm not sure how to quilt it. I've only made small crib size baby quilts, nothing this big. No small piecing for me just yet, I just started this part of the sewing hobby. Let's talk!

Ty'sMommy said...

That sounds like lots of fun! Making quilts for kida is the best, because they enjoy it so much! Somewhere in my blog is a post about some t-shirt quilts I've made, have a look! I've been quilting for about 15 years, so if you need any suggestions, let me know! As I get my log cabin started, I'll blog about it. Also, when the weather turns, we were talking about having a basic class up here (we've taught classes here in the past) and you're more than welcome to come, its usually a Log Cabin or Trip Around the World pattern.

Ty'sMommy said...

Here is the post I was talking about:
http://theseventhlevelofboredom.blogspot.com/2008/07/believe-it-or-not-winter-is-on-horizon.html

NV said...

Costumes, quilts, bedspreads, yeah, yeah, yeah ... Buttons. How does one sew on a button?! I got skipped when they were passing out sewing genes!