Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long Month!

Is May the longest month of the year? This year it seems like it is!

As we entered the month, we were still in school with lots of assignments yet to be accomplished. And here we are on May 26, and there is still almost a week to go of the month.

This is good and it is bad. The good thing is I have an extra week that I sort of forgot about until summer school starts. I also have an extra week to begin to sew some costumes for the upcoming play I'm costuming, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. They want to do a photo shoot on June 6 for some publicity stuff to be sent out. That means I need a technicolor dream coat for Joseph, and a couple of biblical tunics for the brothers. Not all the brothers, but at least 2.

The bad part is--there is too much month at the end of the money. You've heard that old song before. The pensions that I count on for expenses don't come in for another week, and the bank account is looking very puny right now! This has been a very expensive month. Oh well, I've stocked up on hot dogs, and can make it until next week on leftovers.

So May, you are a sweet month, a very expensive month, a very long month, and you aren't over yet. I have 5 more days of you before the official hot month of June hits. I guess I shouldn't complain, you gave me an extra week of freedom before my summer craziness begins.

No comments: