Monday, January 30, 2012

More quilts

The month of December was very busy in the sewing room! I costumed the play "A Christmas Carol" and made these quilts. Busy, busy, busy!

I made this one for our director of "A Christmas Carol". I had the entire cast and crew sign the backing, embroidered the title and date of the play on the back, and gave it to her for a remembrance of the play, which she adapted, wrote, directed and designed the set. She is also one of my dearest friends. We hope our love for her keeps her warm, as well as her lap quilt.
My other dear theatre friend got this quilt. She loves the color blue, and she decided to make it a wall hanging instead of a place for her doggie to shed on. I think the batiks in this were so pretty!
My 6 year old granddaughter loves peace signs. I've been trying to get a quilt made for her for over 2 years, so this finally came together for her. She gave her seal of approval on it--this is one picky little diva! Glad she liked it!
I couldn't wait to try this pattern. It was from a tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Company called Double Slice Layer Cake. Layer cakes are fabric collections that are precut into 10" squares. You slice the squares into offset pieces, sew them together randomly, and then cut them in half, and sew them together again randomly. I made this one for my guest bedroom for my son and his wife.

It has been fun trying different quilt patterns and different fabrics. Luckily, the fabric store nearest to me has had some fabulous bargains on fabrics. I sort of overbought on Christmas fabrics, so I'll get a head start on next year. It is so much fun to piece these beautiful fabrics to create the different designs.

No comments: