Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello, Stranger!

Hello, Blog. Long time no see! What have I been doing? Well, the list is long.

March 9 was the last post. Since that time I've:

Gone to three funerals--some folks were ready to go, others fought it until the end.

Visited a very much alive friend, who is very sick with cancer. But he is not feeling pain, just uncomfortable, and trying to make peace with what lies ahead. It was a great visit. He was such a help to us when my hubby was sick with cancer, he drove Ed to all of his radiation treatments. Every day for 6 weeks straight. It helped us, because then I could continue to work.

Each of the funerals I've gone to in the past month have reconnected me with old friends who lost loved ones. It's bad for their loss, but good for reconnecting with people you haven't seen in a long time.

Had more meetings with the production staff of "The Producers", our summer show that we are already working on. Wow, is this going to be a big job!

Had a date with my favorite guy--too bad it's a guy about to celebrate his 6th birthday, he'll be 6 on Wednesday! He was charming, witty, delightful as we purused the Lego aisle at Toys 'R Us, looking for just the right birthday gift. Then we went to lunch, then home for some good old Lego building. What a cutie he is!

Spring Break found us not enjoying spring one bit, as it was cold and rainy many of the days. One day it was pretty, but that was followed by a rainy, snowy, cold windy day.

Made TWO matching meals for my family on Sunday. One was for the ones who had a taste for great-grandma Lawler's Irish boiled dinner--corned beef and cabbage. The other was for the non-Irish traditionalists, pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and gravy. Nice to have my kitchen table surrounded by family, and it wasn't even Christmas or Thanksgiving!

Found a new fabric store over in Illinois. There's something over there besides strip clubs, crooked politicians and.....NV! Great store in Wood River, IL. I'll be back!

Maybe, maybe, I have a potential paying sewing gig. A new Irish store opened in our fair city, and the owner is looking for someone who can sew custom garments. I've gotten 3 patterns for kilts, jackets and I'm reading through the booklet on how to make kilts. It's an undertaking, that's for sure, but the end result is better than making a costume to last two weekends for a show then get stuffed into a high priced closet. A kilt is a serious garment, destined to last a lifetime--providing you don't consume too many Irish potatoes and make your tummy grow! Serious money goes into them, also, and serious money comes back to the seamstress!

Saw "Crazy Heart" at the movies--Jeff Bridges was very, very good, and it was a very good story. The chair was uncomfortable, we were in the 3rd row, and my neck was sore. But the movie passed so quickly I didn't even squirm. Go see it, it is good! Also saw "Noises Off" by Clayton Community Theatre. I don't know how anyone survives all the physical humor of that show. It was very entertaining.

So, that is what has been keeping me busy lately. That, and I discovered Facebook games, the time waster of all time-wasters. Naughty. One member of my family actually tried to give it up, it was her addiction, and she was going into a 12 step program to quit. She has fallen off the wagon, sorry to say. But now we can be in competition once again to see who gets the most points in Bejeweled Blitz!

Hope to keep this blog updated with more Producers news.

2 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

I - for one - was loving the Irish boiled meal! It was kind of nice to just have dinner and visit and not trying to squish in other activities! I am still working on talking Mr. Monkeygirl into the kilt - I will let you know if I am ever successful or not!!

NV said...

I am glad you added me to the list of good things! We actually have a lot of good things over here. Really. :-)

I hope you get a reprieve from attending funerals. You've had more than your share lately!