Sunday, March 8, 2009

Berry bad blogger

That's me, a berry bad blogger--why, I've ignored my blogspot for 3 weeks. Not that there hasn't been lots to talk about, just no time to talk about it!

Many in the Midwest have been longing for signs of spring. We got our warm weather on Friday, just in time for me to come down with the worst cough and cold I've had in a long time. So after suffering from a rather miserable morning of shopping with a friend and longing for my bed, I returned home and gave in to the bed, to stay there for about 2 solid days. 2 boxes of kleenex, lots of cold pills and lots of hacking later, I'm somewhat better today. But the nice weather was lost on me!

Today, when I finally ventured out into the world of out of doors, I was greeted with a delightful surprise. There in my garden, hiding behind some very dead foliage were a bunch of yellow jonquils, blooming jauntily and bobbing their pretty little heads in the spring breezes!

Hooray, they may be a breath of spring that is a sign that we are on the downside of winter!

1 comment:

MonkeyGirl said...

You are alive - not well - but alive! I noticed some little yellow buds popping up under some dead shrubbery in my yard too. Not sure what it is yet since I moved all kinds of stuff around last year! Spring is getting closer!