Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hi Fellow Bloggers

It's been a long time since I've posted. Life has been crazy. I finished costuming Doubt, then went into a costume project where I made 24+ vests for a ladies' barbershop chorus for their event in April. Finished in time to rest for a week or so, but I still need to make a couple more and two costumes for other things.

One of the big events in my life is coming up on June 5. The play I costumed last summer, "The Producers" got 13 nominations from our local Arts For Life Best Performance Awards for 2010. I was nominated for best Costumer. I'm up against 2 Beauty and the Beast productions, The Drowsy Chaperone, and one other. There is a reader's poll going on, and in that poll, I am ahead. Wonder if it really will be happening, that I would actually be named best costumer for 2010? I know this show was the biggest thing I'll probably ever do in my life, so if I do win, it will be a lifetime achievement award for me. I'm trying to lose 20 pounds by then so a fancy frock will look a little better on this body.

In our city, during April, we suffered many storms. I am scheduled to work on costuming Annie this summer. Our production team had a lot of plans made, and it is a good thing, because during the worst storm in our area, our esteemed director's house went to Oz in a tornado, and he has all of those issues with replacing it to deal with. I just hope he can still direct the show, because he is a very good person to work with. Things aren't going so well for him right now.

I'm finishing up on some small costuming projects, plus trying to get finished with the grading for the last of the semester. Then I head out for Florida next Sunday, first and last trip in a while!

So, I hope to get back to blogging soon. Hope everyone is OK.

No comments: