Wednesday, June 2, 2010

4th Anniversary


Today is the 4th anniversary of my dear husband Ed's death. Death came stealing into the night on June 2, 2006, and took him quietly after a few days in the hospital under Hospice care. He was diagnosed with brain cancer in July, 2004. My two daughters and I were by his side.

Today was a day of remembering, a few tears, a beautiful bouquet of roses on his grave marker, singing sad songs. getting ready for our dear friend Jim's funeral next week. Other than that, it was unremarkable, except that a very loud thunderstorm woke me about 2:30 a.m. and that started the day off rather early.

We remember you, Ed, and all the love and care you showed every member of our family. You were a good friend to many, many people. I still remember a line 5 hours long at your wake, I didn't know we had that many friends!

You are deeply missed. No one can take your place. Al the cat tries by sleeping at my side every night, but even that isn't the same. Love you!

No comments: